Friday, June 30, 2006

Strangers and Marshmallow Clouds.

Funny how some strangers can be so similar to you. Funny how they can create a connection that means nothing at all…and at the same time reveals your deepest secrets, frustrations and fears.

She asked me once, “Tell me about the clouds.”

Marshmallow clouds, with their sheep-like characteristics and their cotton candy swirls. What could she possibly want to know about the clouds? What could I possibly say? Thinking back to this last memory up in the fluff and I figured, why not the truth?

So I said to her, “The clouds are amazing. They’d make you feel as if there isn't even a care in the world. Once we’re up there we become so entrapped in their dream-like warmth it’s hard to imagine anything better. I even begin to wonder why is it we even leave these clouds? But not all clouds are white as snow. So as I was hopping from one to the other I landed in the midst of dark clouds…the kind that rain and rain and scare little children when they sleep. And somehow I find I cannot get off. The thunder is loud and it’s hurting my head. The weather is cold and it’s freezing me to death. And I find no other desire than to hope for clear blue skies.”

Looking up I see complete recognition in her eyes, a smile across her face, as if she has known me for far longer than five minutes. I told her about rainstorms and she saw into my mind.
Oh damn these metaphors.

I read once that metaphors are dangerous. And now I see why. They become so capable of speaking truth when you try so hard to hide it away.


-Deenz

4 comments:

wastedchix said...

ummm ...that was cute ...we liked u better when u r posts were crazier though ..heeeey is it true u'r DoOmy's BROTHER??

wastedchix said...

oh oh wait sorry ...it's THunderCAT ...ummm i just read ur profile ..Courage scared u TOO?? it scares me toooooooooooo ...... they have that one episode about the Evil duck! did u see that? that was very scary ..i didn't like it ..i like grimm (billy and mandy) .....
SHUT ME UP lol like u care what i like lol

and HEY why rn't WE on ur fav blog list? u don't like us any more? :"(

FA$HIONISTA said...

in ur pink cotton candy dreams >.<

!nsanity said...

yes i am that great bro of doomy everyone keeps hearing about...not alot in common between us though =s

I didn't write this girls..that honor goes to my good friend deenz..i'm just posting her stuff here so she can get some appreciation + i think it rocks

lo0o0o0l and yes courage does scare me shitlessly sometimes...but i think grim is alot cooler..

grim reaper + jamaican accent = hilarity