Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Good Hand.

He goes out with his friends and tries to have some fun. No luck.
She keeps sending him messages. Why is she still contacting him ? She left him didn't she ? He stares at the phone in his hand as he reads the latest one.

"I'm sorry. I truly am. You don't know how much you mean to me, but I know we won't last forever. I just didn't want to get hurt later. It would kill me if you don't want to ever talk to me, but I know I deserve it. Again I'm sorry."

He just blanks out..."Come on man !! Keep your mind on the game !! We are losing if you haven't noticed !!"
He looks at the cards in his hand. King and Jack of Spades. He throws them down.
"I'm out guys. I...I need to make a call."

He doesn't hear them shouting behind him. He doesn't hear all the TVs blaring loud obnoxious music. He doesn't hear the cars honking as he crosses the street. He doesn't hear the people talking and laughing around him. He hears...nothing.

"I can't do this anymore and it just hit me... We're over. We have been for a long time. I'm sorry but i can't keep pretend anymore it's getting to me. We don't have that spark anymore. You've been a good boyfriend and thanks for everything."

He starts wandering in his thoughts....He goes back, back a long way in time...

Summer. On a roof. The first time they sat together, each shy of the person in front of him. They try to make conversation, but as it always is in these cases, it's awkward. He starts playing with her hands. She tickles him on the knee. He's stunned by her beauty. She can't believe she's actually meeting him. His friends are waiting for him down in the street. Her friends are waiting in the house on which they're on the roof of. He has to leave, but she doesn't want him to. He tapes a video clip on his cousins phone so he can keep memories of that day forever.

"Hey !! Stop !!"
"No 5ala9 i started it."
"I don't care."
"Haha. Now you look like a ghost."
"What ?! Ma ab'3a no ma ab'3a..."
"Sit down then come on."
"No I don't want to."
"Well, I'm taping this."
"I'm calling mama."
"Ha ! Call her...Hey mama, I'm with my man."
"Oh wait !! Videos make me look fat. Delete that."
"I am not deleting this"
"No walla they make me look fat."
"Well...I'm taping your face only."
"My face is fat so delete it."
"Wha ?! No it's not. It isn't !!.... Done. Happy now ?"

He watches it now, as he does everyday. He remembers her white sweatpants with BABY written across the back. He remembers, another time and place, trying to get her to dance with him at one of her friends houses and her whining about her thighes hurting her.

What does she remember, he wonders ? What memories of him does she always think of ? The many fights they had maybe ? Nights they spent texting till the sun came out ? When he gave her his favorite jersey ? Or maybe when she jumps and pecks him on the lips right before he leaves ?

It wasn't always good. He cheated on her and she did the same. He regretted that he did, but did she ? Did she ever care ? She got mad at him for talking to her cousin for crying out loud !! Was it guilt talking ? He doesn't know. She hates his guts now, even with all the sweet words she says, but he knows. He knows her. Better than she knows herself. She despises him. She wants them to still talk, still be friends, and he refused. It's too hard on him. But she doesn't get that, and she hates him for it. Maybe she doesn't know what to do, so she uses hate for an excuse. The girl that never lets other guys get to her, and he got through.


No more. No more. She left so stop thinking about her. STOP. At that moment, he deleted everything. All her numbers, all her messages, all her pictures. He has to move on with his life. But he keeps the video. He wants to remember that time. When he felt on top of the world. Forgive but never forget they say. He walks back to his friends and their card game. Maybe this time, he'll get a good hand. You never know.






Dedicated to someone who I promised to publish this for. See ? I'm a man of my word.

8 comments:

rubz said...

sad post :(
ya5eeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

I'm just speechless..
It's an amaazing post i just loved it..
So sad, but this is life these days right?..

Taqo said...

*is teary eyed*
Ok...that was really emotional. '9ag 9adry.
But really well written. You have a way with words. Really.
I'm hoping that it was fictitious though.

Anonymous said...

U MAKE ME SOUND LIKE A BITCH :S WHO BROKE UR HEART WHEN YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAUSED HALF THE BREAK UP

wastedchix said...

oooooooh .. NOT GOOD NOT GOOD

GOD u need sum privecy loooool
(look who's talking)

any wayz .. lovers come and go ..u'r allowed to be sad about it for only two posts (i swear it's the rule man :"| true)

so here's one .. u got one more shot ..then GET OVER IT!! we want the funny amazing YOU back ..

"i hate to admit this, but it was kind of a nice post ..""

ThunderCAR

wastedchix said...

ha ha ..
ThunderCAT .. not car ..

though car sounds cool too


hmmm

!nsanity said...

I'm just writing the guy's point of view. What happened to the guy. What he saw. Maybe you wanna write the girl's side, Fashionista ? We'll have both sides to the story, and ddont worry. I dont mind you posting it here.

Everyone else, thanks for the support.

zahrat ilma6ba5 said...

LUVED IT!
ur really good at writing mashallah