Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Old Man's Mistake

"I know how you are feeling."

".....No , you don't."

"There is no shame in what you are feeling... On the contrary... The fact that you can feel pain like this is your greatest strengh."

"My greatest strength is it ? You haven't got a clue... You don't know..."

"What don't I know ?"

"I don't wanna talk about how I feel, ok ? "

"Suffering like this proves you are still a man ! This pain is part of being human..."

"THEN I DON'T WANNA BE HUMAN !! I DON'T CARE !! I'VE HAD ENOUGH, I'VE SEEN ENOUGH, I WANT OUT, I WANT IT TO END, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE---"

"You do care. You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it."

"I DON'T !"

"Oh yes, you do. You have now lost your mother, your father, and the closest thing to a parent you have ever known. Of course you care."

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL !! YOU STANDING THERE--- YOU...


Let me out."

"Not until I've had my say."

"Do you--- Do you think I want to--- Do you think I give a--- I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU'VE GOT TO SAY !!"

"You will, because you are not nearly as angry with me as you ought to be. If you are to attack me, as I know you are close to doing, I would like to have thoroughly earned it.... You see I owe you an explanation. An explanation of an old man's mistakes. For I see now that what I have done, and not done, with regard to you, bear all the hallmarks of the failings of age. Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young... And I seem to have forgotten lately... "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love that part...I get teary every time I read it.