Saturday, September 27, 2008

Effects Of Not Eating All Day Long

For a guy who doesn't ever remember his dreams, I woke up with quite a shock today. It's one of those surreal dreams; where you know you're dreaming from all the batshit crazy things that are happening, and also the group of people gathered weren't the type who'd make friends with each other like, ever. Imagine Salah el Din, Einstein and Batman wearing those little birthday hats, and having tea and crumpets in the middle of a basketball court. While midgets are playing. That kind of batshit crazy.

Now just an interjection, we all have our vices, and me more than others perhaps. It has something to do with the "what's the worst that could happen" outlook I have on life. Suffice to say, I've my share of experiences with the forbidden.

Anyways, so as our very strange group of friends were cruising around in Riyadh, suddenly we felt hungry. And for some completely random and unknown reason, I got a craving for Mareez. Now I never eaten there, don't even know what they serve, but eh what the hell. We got to Mareez, and I was leaving the car I hear one of my friends saying : "He's high."

Here I woke up, mighty confused, and the remark she made was stuck in my head. It was simple remark, one not worth alot of attention. After all it's a silly dream. Everyone has silly dreams right ? Yet, the comment was here to stay.

The way it was said, the tone used, though not condescending, wasn't really pleased about it either. She knew what I was doing, she knew its effects on people and the changes it had on them, but she also knew it was my own business and never interfered in it. But the fact that it disturbed her not because of the substance involved, but of the person doing it is what made the difference. Someone genuinely cared. After that realization, the stupid smile that came over my face stayed there all day long.

3 comments:

Rawr said...

Its nice to have someone who cares, gives you a fuzzy feeling ^_^

Shilling said...

lool I love my dreams although I haven't been having them for a while.

Good to have u back, don't leave again!!!

Taqo said...

mareez. wow...throwback dude.
it was all the rage when I was in like, 7th grade.

it was the cool place to be seen have a family outing.

they have a good seafood soup :p lol.